Website pages with 1000 words or more of relevant, user-focused content consistently outranks their competitors.
Use this easy guide to help write your content and you’ll be surprised to see how much you have to say about your services!
Tips on writing high converting website content
When writing website content we want to focus on providing the visitor with highly useful content and focus on the benefits to them. Content that focuses on the client as opposed to a lot of “We, us, our” statements converts on a higher level.
Original statement – We serve all of Houston with fast furnace repairs.
Client focused statement – Get prompt and reliable furnace repairs in Houston and the surrounding cities.
Examine your website page and its’ intention. Why is the visitor there? What do they want? What do you want them to do? If you have a furnace repair page the visitor is going to want some questions answered such as; what types of furnaces do you service, what are your service areas, what hours do you operate, how fast can you get there.
Get prompt 24 hour furnace repairs in Houston and the surrounding cities. A technician will arrive at your door with clearly marked trucks and uniforms. Each technician is highly trained in all types and brands of furnace repair and also local building codes. Schedule online or call 24 hours a day to request service.
To make the information easy to find and digestible for the visitor, break it up into small sections and use bullet points. Website pages that are designed specifically with sections, graphics, and calls to action convert visitors to buyers.
The reason it helps convert is that the reader can skim a page easily finding what they want, but also attracting attention to things they may not have seen buried in long text. Calls to action placed after smaller sections of text keep the visitor focused and encourages them to take an action instead of getting lost in long pieces of information.
Each furnace repair includes the following:
- A one year warranty on all parts and labor
- A FREE quote before any work is done
- Background checked, drug free technicians
- A fully licensed and insured HVAC company with guaranteed service
Insert Free Quote Button Here
Easy Content Outline
Keeping in mind the tips above, we recommend following this easy content layout for your website pages. Breaking up content into sections similar to this makes it easier to write about your services or goods. Again, you will be surprised how much you have to say about your business when it is broken down in this manner.
- Introduction (150 words) – User benefit focused. Tell them quickly what your service or product is and what they will be getting. This will help keep them on the page to read further and take action. It is the “hook” so to speak.
- Services/Products – Break your services or products into detailed sections
- Section 1 (200-300 words) – describe the service in details that show them the benefit. If you have a furnace repair company tell them that you service all types of furnaces and do bullet points of some of the brands you service.
- Section 2 (200-300 words) – If you have more than one service on each page list another service here. If not, show or list specific service type benefits that the client will experience. For example: 24 hour service, guarantees on repair work, trained in fixing gas furnace etc.
- Section 3 (200-300 words) – Add another service or get into more detail about one service. This is a great spot to show knowledge about the service. For example: “Let’s troubleshoot your furnace problems, here are the most common furnace issues that homeowners experience.” Here you can list several items with a one sentence explanation and quickly build great user-focused information.
- Testimonials (100-500 words) – If you have any service or product specific
testimonials this is a great place to add them.
- Conclusion (200 words) – Here is the place to talk about your company and how it benefits them. This is what we call the “Why choose us” section of the page. List out the things that your company can provide them and be of benefit to them. To be clear, if they want to know what prompted you to form your company they will go to an “about us” page. You can speak about your company but keep it in the following voice
Our company has been serving the Houston area for 37 years. We are locally owned and operated. We promise our customers:
- Fully licensed and insured service
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
- 10 year parts and labor warranty on new equipment
- 2 year parts and labor warranty on repairs
- Guaranteed service within a 2-hour window, we won’t waste your time!
In no time you have a 1000 word website page that provides your user with great information and showcases your product and business. Now you can send it to us and we will combine it with custom design and calls to action to have a great website page!